That awkward moment when you accidentally click on Internet Explorer and you have to wait for it to load so you can close it again. Every windows user knows what a pain in the ass Internet Explorer can be. Even the Windows lover despise this browser, preferring to use Google Chrome, Firefox or Opera. Here we list some of the reasons why internet explorer sucks to the core!
- 1. One of the biggest reasons is speed! It is so slow you can make yourself a cup of coffee and a sandwich, catch up on the game score, finish your sandwich… and it’d still be loading.Even Microsoft acknowledges that their browser has gone from everyone’s beloved to the most hated. In their new advertisement they agree that Internet Explorer does indeed ‘suck’. But the improvement is that it ‘sucks less’.
- Many bad guys target internet explorer because it is popular and found in every person’s computer. There are still some people who use only Internet explorer as their default browsers. Internet explorer offers less security than other browsers such as Google Chrome and Firefox. It is more vulnerable to cyber attacks. So be smart and avoid internet explorer!
- There is a fixed schedule maintained by the Microsoft to fix bugs in the internet explorer. It is a big flawed plan because bugs don’t follow any kind of schedule and randomly pop out any time. So what happens when a major bug is discovered after the fix-up? The users will have to wait till the next scheduled fix-up of course. Suffer till then. But Chrome and Firefox aren’t bounded by any such silly schedules. They find a bug, they fix it. In fact, Chrome and Firefox pay the people who find a bug in their browser and point it out. Microsoft doesn’t. Plus, it takes ages for the people at Microsoft to fix their bugs. Sometimes more than six months.
- One of the main things that piss me off about Internet explorer is that it has a very flawed system of using Adobe’s Flash Player. So the IE users with Flash enabled in the browser get continuously bugged to install the new version of Adobe Flash Player. And on top of that, the new version has to be installed manually every time! It is a very irritating thing. Considering the fact that Chrome has Flash within and quietly, quickly and efficiently updates and fixes Adobe Flash Player, there is no need to use Internet explorer!
- Flash exists as an ActiveX control in the Internet explorer. And ActiveX is notorious for it’s lack of security. Even though it is now more locked down than it was before, many people don’t understand the security prompts and configuration settings to properly deal with ActiveX. Due to it’s buggy nature it is often targeted by the bad guys. Better not to use it!So why even waste time with it? Internet explorer is more hindrance than help. and with other better browsers in the market, it doesn’t make sense to stick to IE.